Unlike other decals, dry transfer decals are applied with pressure. To apply the decal to the sail or hull, follow this procedure:
Don't forget to save the extra decals for another project!
- Remove any dust or debris from the surface of the sail/hull.
- Cut out the portion of the material that has the desired decal. It is not necessary to cut along the edge of the actual decal.
- Place the decal on the desired location. Do not press firmly until the decal is positioned properly.
- Using a dull pencil, rub over the entire decal using medium pressure. Do not press very hard as the decal could tear or the sail/hull surface could be damaged.
- Carefully peel back the carrier material. If the decal is not fully transferred, replace the carrier material and rub on the untransferred area with the pencil.
- Remove the carrier material. If desired a clear gloss spray can be applied over the decal.
Copyright © 2002 by Randy Davis